These delicious turnovers have a buttery, flakey crust and sweet cherry filling. Using store bought pastry makes these easy to whip up quickly, but everyone will think you spent hours baking them. They can be made ahead of time and be stored in the fridge or freezer, so you can enjoy them again and again!
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen or fresh cherries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine cherries, lemon juice, ¼ cup sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Smash some of the cherries with a fork. Place cornstarch in a small bowl, then add 3 tablespoons of the cherry liquid and combine until no clumps remain.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and stir until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat, stir in almond extract, and refrigerate until slightly chilled.
- Roll out puff pastry into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. Trim the edges. Cut in half horizontally and cut each half into four 4 x 6-inch rectangles. You will have 8 rectangles total. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of cherry mixture onto half of a piece of dough. Brush the edges with the beaten egg, and fold over to enclose filling. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 350°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Cut a 1-inch slit in the top of each pastry. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Place turnovers into the preheated air fryer basket. Set time to 15 minutes and press Start/Pause.
- Remove when golden and puffed. Transfer to a wire rack immediately and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
AIR FRYER LEMON BERRY YOGURT CAKE
This cake is perfect for celebrating Springtime–light, moist, and full of natural berry and lemon flavors. The entire family will love you for making this one, and you’ll love making it! With only one bowl needed to assemble all the ingredients, it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare.
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour (can sub with all-purpose flour)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light olive oil
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen (do not thaw if frozen)
- Whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add olive oil and stir until well combined.
- Toss mixed berries in 1 tablespoon of flour. Fold the mixed berries into the cake batter. Make sure not to overmix the cake batter.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 300°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Line and grease a 7-inch cake pan. Add cake batter to the pan.
- Insert cake into the preheated air fryer. Set time to 60 minutes and press Start/Pause.
- Remove when a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before slicing.
ZUCCHINI BROWNIE BITES
Nobody will know you snuck veggies into these fudgy treats. Free of refined sugar, oil, and butter, this recipe uses applesauce to keep the brownies moist and coconut sugar to sweeten them. Replacing regular flour with spelt flour or whole wheat flour also packs in more nutrients, making this the perfect guilt-free dessert.
Yields: 15 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder until combined and smooth.
- Add grated zucchini and melted chocolate, then stir gently until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease muffin cups and fill halfway with brownie batter.
- Select the Preheat function on the Cosori Air Fryer, adjust temperature to 320°F, and press Start/Pause.
- Add muffin cups into the preheated air fryer basket. Set time to 8 minutes and press Start/Pause.
- Remove when a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the middle comes out slightly crumbly.
- Let brownies cool for 5 minutes before serving.